- Ninety-five grams of smoked haddock
- Half a big spoon of lime
- Half a big spoon of cream cheese
- One big spoon of sour cream
- Cayenne pepper
- Take a small-sized pan, add some water to it, place the pan on your stove, turn your stove on and let the water boil, once bubbles start appearing on the surface add haddock to the boiled water and increase the level of heat, wait for about seven to eight minutes as after eight minutes it would start to flake and the color might be a little different, turn the stove off after eight long minutes and transfer the cooked haddock to some other container and once the temperature of the haddock reduces start removing the bones if it has any and the skin, do not forget to flake its flesh
- Now take a medium-sized bowl, add cheese to the bowl after cheese add cream, lime juice, cayenne and in the end top with pepper, once done adding all the ingredients to the bowl start mixing, you can use a spoon for this and if you wish to smoother texture then transfer this mixture to your food processor and blend until you get the right texture, once done serve with oatcakes. If you do not know how oatcakes are made then there is no need to get worried about this para is the oatcake recipe, ya you can thank us later.
- all-purpose flour
- bicarbonate soda
- boiling water
- First of all heat your oven to about one ninety degrees c and after this take a bowl and in that bowl add flour, salt, oats, soda, and sugar, once done adding all the ingredients, start mixing them together, Now add butter to the mixture and rub it, once everything is properly mixed you will realize that now your mixture replicates bread crumbs
- Boil some water and then add it to the bowl in stages, combine once you get a thick looking dough stop.
- Now go to your work surface and start with sprinkling some oats and some flour on it, once done with sprinkling roll your dough on it, use a cutter to cut the dough you can even use whiskey glass for cutting the right shape and if you wish to get the right size.
- Now take a baking tray and place your perfect looking dough on the tray, place it inside your oven and set the timer at twenty minutes, bake, after twenty minutes if the cake looks a little brownish golden then you are good to go and if not then set the timer for ten minutes, and bake again. That’s all with the oatcake recipe, it is quite simple, and it does not even take much time. If by any chance you make some extra oatcakes do not panic because you can easily freeze them and later when you wish to eat them put them right into your oven.